Welcome to our Adventure...

We packed up the kids, dog and the trailer and headed out for adventure, learning and helping others. During our adventure we will try to update this site as often as possible to keep everyone interested involved in our travels and to keep a journal for ourselves. The plan is to be working, schooling, helping and sharing on the road for a year.
Please feel free to post comments and questions! Thanks for following!

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Blue Skies

Wow. Did we have an unrestful night last night! There was booming thunder and flashes of lightning, followed by heavy rain for what seemed like most of the night. At one point, I could swear I heard something scurrying around in the pass through under our bed, but I didn't hear any evidence today so it must've just been rain water dripping or something. The cool thing was that when we awoke from our broken sleep this morning, the birds were chirping and the sun was shining.

Starting the day tired isn't the best feeling and made at least Brock and I maybe a little less patient than we might otherwise be. For the most part though, it was a nice day. The kids and I were able to complete our school tasks. I was able to squeeze into the busy laundry room to get a few loads done though I was pushed a little bit by the next person in line twice, even though I had my alarm set on my phone and checked very frequently on our loads. Once, someone wanted to use the washing machine so threw our clothes into the dryer and left the door open so that I'd see them and I could start it. Ok, no biggie. The next time, a lady was standing at the window when I went and checked our last load in the dryer. It still wasn't dry, so I put it on Time Dry for 20 minutes and set my phone timer for 15 minutes. When I went back to check it, the lady was standing at the dryer and fiddling around with the buttons. Since I assumed our clothes were still in the machine, I asked if I could check my clothes and she motioned that she'd put my clothes into her plastic bag that she'd carried her laundry in. She seemed not to speak much English so I just took our jeans and towels back to the trailer, still damp, and dumped them out of her bag and returned the bag to her, slightly irritated. I had to hang most of the load up in the shower for some more drying time. Oh well, free laundry is quite a gift for us. It is quite popular though and I didn't even get to do our sheets during our stay here.;o)

The kids enjoyed still many more hours on the playground running, jumping, climbing and using their imaginations.

We finally had to cut their time off and round them up to head to the store for some supplies. We've chosen our next camping area and it is outside of a small town south of Lafayette and only has 4 camping sites. It kind of looks like maybe someone just added some RV parking to their field on their property. We'll see. The owner seemed very nice on the phone and his rates are VERY reasonable. I thought it might be wise to stock up on our groceries though before we get to that area since I can't really tell what shopping will be available. Good to have that done, though our fridge and freezer are now bursting at the seams. I tried to shop for 4-5 days worth of meals when really, we only have room for 3-4. Oh well, like I said, it feels good to have it done and we were able to get everything in where it needed to be.

We don't have to leave early tomorrow from our campsite so we should be able to get a fair amount of school and work in before we head out. We will be stopping at a fancy antebellum plantation for a tour on the way, as long as it isn't pouring rain, and we have a few hours to drive so it will be a full day. We are also looking forward to touring the Tabasco factory in the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment