Welcome to our Adventure...

We packed up the kids, dog and the trailer and headed out for adventure, learning and helping others. During our adventure we will try to update this site as often as possible to keep everyone interested involved in our travels and to keep a journal for ourselves. The plan is to be working, schooling, helping and sharing on the road for a year.
Please feel free to post comments and questions! Thanks for following!

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

More Sun

We had another really beautiful sunny day here at our rv park. For a week that was supposed to be filled with thunderstorms based on the forecasts, we have sure seen a lot of sunshine. I like it!

We're counting down to the finish line for our main Sonlight school curriculum; Spencer starts his last week tomorrow and Brighton and Brynna have two more weeks. We'll continue on with our math and journaling and consistent reading, but it will be nice to have our formal work finished up. Once today's schoolwork was done, which was early afternoon, Bryn and the little boys and I all hopped in the Yukon and headed to the other side of the park where the pool is located. We stayed and played there for a couple of hours on this gorgeous day. Brighton decided to stay at the trailer and work on learning some game-making programming. He had already worked out with the exercise bands and taken Heidi for a little run earlier in the day, so I guess he didn't feel he needed the exercise. There was a high energy young man at the pool that I think Brighton could've had a good time playing with, but the young man's attentions instead were focused on teasing Brynna and while she was good humored with him, he was definitely trying her patience.

I got a surprise today when I pulled my rocking camp chair out from under the trailer where we had stowed it when the rains came. As I opened it up there was a big toad inside. A little involuntary squeal escaped me which the kids thought hilarious. I'm not usually too squeamish about animals, but he really surprised me. Later, Spencer caught him and wanted his picture taken with him.


When we let this guy go, I peeked under the trailer and low and behold there was at least one other amphibious creature. We weren't sure if the one by the tire was the same as the one Spence had caught, but as I look at the pictures, I don't think he was. Guess that we are just cool that way that the frogs and toads all like to hang with us.


Some other little campsite visitors are pictured below. These ones drive Heidi a little wild with excitement, but they are pretty cute and fun to watch as they scamper around.


Tonight at dusk, Brock and I got in a little walk around the campground loop; we let Heidi tag along. We really appreciated the peace and quiet of the park and the beauty and lushness of the surroundings. We are grateful to have found this spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment