Welcome to our Adventure...

We packed up the kids, dog and the trailer and headed out for adventure, learning and helping others. During our adventure we will try to update this site as often as possible to keep everyone interested involved in our travels and to keep a journal for ourselves. The plan is to be working, schooling, helping and sharing on the road for a year.
Please feel free to post comments and questions! Thanks for following!

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

On to Williamsburg

We set out a little after 10 am on our three-hour drive from Natural Bridge KOA to Williamsburg, Virginia. It was cloudy, but not rainy which is a plus.

The drive was pretty uneventful. We stopped once for gas and it turned out to be an easy in and out which is what you like to see when you're pulling a big trailer.

We enjoyed getting to see a little more of the Blue Ridge Mountains, but it wasn't as impressive as it could be since there were some pesky low clouds socking things in a bit.

We arrived at our park for the next few nights. It is an Encore/Thousand Trails park, but is open to the public. It also participates in Passport America so we were able to get a couple of our nights at half price. Yay! It is definitely an older park and a little run down and the roads are pretty narrow and tight for a big rig, but there are full hookups, an indoor and an outdoor pool, tennis/basketball court, mini golf...all included in the camping fees.

We met a sweet little girl named Holly, well, Spence and Sky met her while they were playing with playdough out on our picnic table and she hung around until "their sister" could come out and say hello. She was 7 and a fast talker and very open with the us. She wanted to give us a tour of the place so we followed her around on her scooter while she pointed out the park's different amenities. Very cute. She stayed outside and played with Spence and Sky right up until I had to call them in for dinner and bed...we ate late again.

Poor Heidi is looking terrible with the affected area around her eye. We stopped giving her the Benadryl yesterday because it didn't seem to be making any difference and I figured if it truly were an allergy, it should be affecting both eyes, not just one. I was able to find a vet's office close by and gave them a call. They had an opening tomorrow morning so we'll get her in so they can take a look.

Looking forward to a family day tomorrow...vacation day for Brock...woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment