Welcome to our Adventure...

We packed up the kids, dog and the trailer and headed out for adventure, learning and helping others. During our adventure we will try to update this site as often as possible to keep everyone interested involved in our travels and to keep a journal for ourselves. The plan is to be working, schooling, helping and sharing on the road for a year.
Please feel free to post comments and questions! Thanks for following!

Friday, November 16, 2012

Regular Day

We slept in slightly today, in recovery from our theme park day yesterday. We attempted to hop into the schedule once everyone was up and around, but our groove seemed off a bit with Brock trying to really catch up on work and the kids having a difficult time knuckling down to their school work. Finally, right around lunch time I packed up the kids and we headed to the closest branch of a public library.

We had hoped for free wifi, but alas, $5/hour if you don't have a library card. Also, it was the first time I've been to a library where there is a uniformed police officer stationed behind the circulation desk. Regardless, it seemed like there was a decent kids area and we settled in to try to finish up our school work. Spence had already finished his work so he just ended up reading current issues of magazines and a couple of nostalgic books (think Frog and Toad). I worked with Sky much of the time on his new workbook and his reading lessons (he's really doing well) and he spent quite a bit of time drawing in his new souvenir notebook that he bought himself at Universal Studios. Bri and Bryn were both able to get their math done, but since they share the history book, Bri read some entertainment type books while Bryn used the History of US book. When she finished up her history assignments, I suggested we head to Walmart to get some food supplies. We ate a little snack and read our two read aloud books in the Walmart parking lot and then Bryn, Sky and I went in to shop while Bri stayed in the car and worked on his history and Spencer played games on his iPod. We scanned the aisles as quickly as possible and got back out to check on the boys. They had done just fine. (That particular combination is sometimes volatile. ;o)

When we got back to the trailer (I was able to drive back to the campground without help from any gps), I put the groceries away and we sent the kids out to scooter around so that I could get dinner going. The park is filling up with Gator fans. We have to move sites within the park tomorrow so we decided not to go Animal Kingdom tomorrow as originally planned, so who knows what the day will hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment