Welcome to our Adventure...

We packed up the kids, dog and the trailer and headed out for adventure, learning and helping others. During our adventure we will try to update this site as often as possible to keep everyone interested involved in our travels and to keep a journal for ourselves. The plan is to be working, schooling, helping and sharing on the road for a year.
Please feel free to post comments and questions! Thanks for following!

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Back at the Bay County Public Library

This morning I went outside to fill Heidi's food dish (we keep her food in the garage compartment) and saw the rising sun shimmering on the water and felt grateful for the spot we are parked at right now.

The kids and I made it our goal to get packed up and headed out as early as we could, back to the library to work on our school day and leave Brock at the trailer to enjoy peace and quiet while he worked. Turns out "as early as we could" is not that early, but that's ok.

I think it was around 10:00 am when we left the trailer and we planned to stop at the store because I noticed Spencer's toe was sticking out of the end of his tennis shoe and so I wanted to get him a new pair. It seems like in the 5 and half months that we have been gone, we have purchased him 3 pairs of cheap tennis shoes. I don't know if that is normal or not, it has seemed excessive, but he pretty much wears one pair of shoes almost every single day and he's growing and he is definitely not gentle on his shoes, so I guess it's just the way it will be.

We were driving down the road and we see this building with a huge shark for a doorway and the kids read signs about live sharks and they start begging me to stop. I'm thinking we need to get to the library, but then I think, stopping won't take too long so I went around a block and went back to the store.

Turns out you enter the souvenir shop through the shark's mouth. The kids thought it was pretty cool. The sign said Live Shark feeding at such and such time and the little boys so wanted to see the sharks, but as we were standing just inside the shark's mouth, Bri noticed that not all the merchandise was very appropriate so we didn't end up going in after all. Don't know why they'd have to hang up shirts with really inappropriate language on their wall. Oh well. It was fun to take the pic. I did remind the boys they'd seen sharks at the Oregon Aquarium. They were ok with passing by these ones, but not too happy. The funny thing is that we saw two more stores that were almost identical to the style of building as this one, one had a whale's mouth entrance, but they had different names, so I don't know if they're related or not.

A little further down the road and we passed by Wonderworks. It is a cool science museum/fun attraction that the kids had seen advertised in tourist literature so it was fun to actually see the building. The kids again wanted to stop, but we all agreed we'd rather do stuff like that when all of us can go.

I think we finally got the library around 11:30. The library here in Panama City is a really nice library. The kids and I were able to get all our work done and use some free wifi and read some fun books. Again, it was our stomachs that drove us from the library today. We decided to grab a little bit of grub and find a beachy place to sit and eat it and then head back to the trailer to see how Brock was doing. The whole time we had been at the library, I was looking out these huge floor to ceiling windows in the childrens' area and seeing this gorgeous day, blue sky, 73 degrees and I wanted to be out there.

We decided to go to Sonic because it was happy hour and we could get cheap fancy drinks and I was just going to have the kids get tots or something, but they all wanted to get a cheeseburger so I ordered 6 drinks (one to take back to Brock), 4 cheeseburgers, one tot and one apple slice to share. I think I had a trainee because he kept asking me to hold on while he was inputting the items on the order. He finally brought out our stuff and knocked over one of the drinks. Thankfully the lid was on tight and it only had a few drips on the sides so I just had to wipe it off before putting it in the cup holder. He hadn't marked any of the lids so we were guess on the flavors. We were about to drive away when I thought, I better just check to make sure we have everything. We didn't have the tots or the apples. I pulled back into the order stall and pushed the button and explained that I was missing two items. A different guy said they'd be right out and about 10 minutes later they were. I didn't know where to go to sit with our food so I thought I'd just head back toward our campground. There were some covered picnic areas at the beach access there.

As we were driving towards the campground though, the sky kept getting grayer and grayer. The wind was picking up. We arrived at the picnic area and we all hopped out and immediately noticed cooler temperatures. When Spencer and Brighton set their cups on the picnic table, the wind blew them over. We decided we'd better just head back and eat inside the trailer. The whole time I was just thinking, if Sonic had been faster, we could've enjoyed beach more. But I'm not bitter...;o)

The forecasted storm is definitely blowing in. It feels hot and muggy.

Brock and I realized that we really needed to do some bookkeeping work that we'd not made time for and so I worked on the data entry part and got it done. Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment