Welcome to our Adventure...

We packed up the kids, dog and the trailer and headed out for adventure, learning and helping others. During our adventure we will try to update this site as often as possible to keep everyone interested involved in our travels and to keep a journal for ourselves. The plan is to be working, schooling, helping and sharing on the road for a year.
Please feel free to post comments and questions! Thanks for following!

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Sedalia, Day 2

Today we had the park completely to ourselves. Brock went for a run with Heidi hoping to explore that Katy Trail a little bit, but found the gate locked, so he ended up just running around the fairgrounds. They are pretty big!

I planned to drive Brock to the office of his friend, George, who is General Manager at Lamm Tech, an IT business here in Sedalia. I was pleasantly surprised to see on my google maps that the drive time from the campground would be about 3 minutes. I left the kids to cycle through their showers and dropped him off since we would need the car later.

It was a laundry and grocery day once we got our school work done. I found the laundromat just a half mile from the campground. It turned out to be a nice one. I was happy that the dryers worked well and the price was 8 minutes for 25 cents. No load cost more than a dollar to get dry including the jeans. :o) Small things can bring such joy.

Here's how the kids passed the time at the laundromat...
...squeezed together looking at a game on Spence's iPod screen

...reading on her tablet

...working on a new card trick

Once done with the laundry, I texted Brock to see if he was ready for the pickup and he texted back that George would drop him at the trailer since he lived less than a half mile from the fairgrounds. That meant that the kids and I could head to Walmart to quickly grab the groceries since it was less than a mile from the laundromat.

Once we got back to the trailer and got the clothes and groceries put away. It was late and we needed to eat dinner. It ended up being after 8 pm by the time we finished eating.

I was all excited because I found a raspberry/marionberry pie that I thought we would all enjoy for dessert tonight, but it turned out that it took 60-70 minutes to bake so the kids wouldn't have any tonight since they needed to get to bed. Then, when it was done and cooled enough to cut, Brock asked me if it had any apples in it. I said no, but that I would check and sure enough it did. :O( So, he cut me a tiny piece and I was the only one to eat any tonight. It was good though.

Thought I'd share some of Skylar's artwork that he produced last night.
T-rex
Long Neck
Moose, Coyote, Alligator

No comments:

Post a Comment