Welcome to our Adventure...

We packed up the kids, dog and the trailer and headed out for adventure, learning and helping others. During our adventure we will try to update this site as often as possible to keep everyone interested involved in our travels and to keep a journal for ourselves. The plan is to be working, schooling, helping and sharing on the road for a year.
Please feel free to post comments and questions! Thanks for following!

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Haircuts for the Girls in the Family

Yesterday, I looked thoroughly and couldn't find a new pair of jean shorts that I'd purchased in the last month. Then, this morning I was looking for a pair of jeans and realized that I was missing about 3 pairs of jeans from my clothing box. It was then I began to strongly suspect that either we had been robbed (unlikely) OR the kids and I had missed a load at the laundry room when we did those seven loads almost a week ago. I humbly walked over to the office of the RV park to ask the nice man in the office if there was a lost and found for the laundry because I thought I'd lost an entire load of jeans! He laughed and said there was and walked across the parking lot with me to the laundry room and opened up a back room. He looked around and peeked into a black garbage bag. He opened it up wide enough for me to see and asked if it looked familiar. First thing I saw was one of the kid's flannel pillow cases and a pair of Brock's jeans. Swallow...yes, that is our clothes. Hee hee. How embarrassing.

This morning, after taking our bag'o'jeans to the trailer, I had the pleasure of going to Scissor Sisterz, a hair salon that is literally less than 50 yards from where our trailer has been parked for the last week. Betzi, my biker chick stylist, was very skilled and knowledgable which is always great when I'm not sure myself what I want. She was warm and friendly and there was easy conversation. She is nothing like me, but we could relate and she was funny and I really like what she did with my hair. I just got a trim since my ends were terrible, not having been cut for the last 7 months. I also had her give me some highlights to bring up the shine in my hair and help my grays to blend in some. It turned out well and Betzi wrote down the color information for me so I can ask correctly next time (probably next year some time LOL).

Another cool thing was that Brynna had been talking about wanting to cut a drastic amount off her hair because it has been really bugging her lately. She really just doesn't enjoy styling it and it was always getting really tangled if she didn't have it pulled back or braided. She has a lot of hair! Anyways, Betzi was completely laid back about letting Bryn slip in while my color was processing and I was under the hair dryer. I just texted Brock to send Brynna over and she came and Betzi cut about 6 inches off her length. It is still long enough to have a pony tail if she wants. It just looks like a slightly longer than chin-length bob. Bryn said she wanted to let it dry naturally so Betzi didn't really do any styling after the cut and it curled up with nice waves and I think Bryn really likes it too. It's definitely lighter on her head. Both Brynna's and my haircut and color were only a total of $55! It was great. When I commented, Betzi said she could charge more, but she likes to stay busy. Also, if she charged more, she joked, she would have to dress better. We both had a laugh.

When I got back to the trailer after my appointment, there was just enough time to finish up school and eat some lunch. Afterwards, I worked on the next weeks' meal plans and then I took Sky and Bryn back over to the Walmart to stock up again. Nothing too new or inventive, but it always feels good to be supplied.

Tomorrow we head out of this rv park. It sure has been a nice place to spend the past week. It has been wonderful to have the amenities that it offered us.

1 comment: