Welcome to our Adventure...

We packed up the kids, dog and the trailer and headed out for adventure, learning and helping others. During our adventure we will try to update this site as often as possible to keep everyone interested involved in our travels and to keep a journal for ourselves. The plan is to be working, schooling, helping and sharing on the road for a year.
Please feel free to post comments and questions! Thanks for following!

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

So Glad Yesterday was the Zoo Day

Today was supposed to be a laundry day. Woohoo.

It was a school day and a clean up day and a hang around the trailer day.

It was a day when the winds returned so powerfully in the afternoon, Brynna asked me if I thought a tornado was coming. It wasn't, but it is strange how quickly it can go from blue skies and calm to breezy to completely dark and gray and "rocking the trailer" gusts with little needles of grit blowing around when you have to take the dog out. I'm so thankful yesterday was the day we chose to walk all around the zoo and the gardens.

It was a day when I procrastinated and didn't go over to the laundry room. Gasp.

I forgot to mention...Tonight, I was flipping through the TV channels and came across the Ken Burns documentary about the "Dust Bowl". It really sucked me in at first because I felt like I could relate to the dusty wind, but the more I watched the more I realized that I am a big baby. People died by suffocation. Lots of young and old people died months after big storms from what they called Dust Pneumonia. I will not complain about Albuquerque anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment