Welcome to our Adventure...

We packed up the kids, dog and the trailer and headed out for adventure, learning and helping others. During our adventure we will try to update this site as often as possible to keep everyone interested involved in our travels and to keep a journal for ourselves. The plan is to be working, schooling, helping and sharing on the road for a year.
Please feel free to post comments and questions! Thanks for following!

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

A Tuesday at the Campground

Today, I did something that I never saw myself doing. I woke sometime between 5:30 and 6 am, had a cup of coffee and a little time to read my Bible. Then, I got dressed and grabbed my shopping list and set out, in the dark, for Walmart.

The shopping was actually quite peaceful. I read labels and price checked. The store was well stocked and not very crowded. ;o) Maybe it will be a new habit. Or maybe not, I'm not too fond of getting up in the dark. LOL

I made it back with the groceries in time for Brock to take the car and head to Brandon's office for the day. The kids and I had some cream of wheat that Brock had made before leaving and a really yummy fruit salad that I planned to make since our non-fruit loving Daddy would be away for a little while. We all relished it and ate quite a bit of it.

We worked on our school work and chores and then late this afternoon headed to the pool again. It was 80 degrees here today! The kids enjoyed their playtime again and I once again enjoyed getting my feet soaked and catching a few splashes, but I didn't get into the pool. If it had been a couple of degrees warmer, or we had stayed a few minutes longer, I would have gotten in, but as it was, it was just the perfect choice for me.

The kids all got out of the pool when it was time without complaining and I was pretty impressed since there is usually one who doesn't. I know I shouldn't be surprised, since it is the behavior that I should expect, but I did have to give a couple of high fives.

I must say that dinner was a bit of a disappointment. I had splurged and bought some steaks so we could grill them and have some baked potato slices and broccoli. The steak had marinated in an olive oil and wine vinegar-type dressing for 6 hours. Bryn and I worked together on the potato prep work and we got them in the oven. When I went to go warm up the grill, both of the little canisters that we had felt very light. I called Brock since he was stopping at a Walgreens where there was a Redbox to pick up the new Bond movie for tonight. He looked but they didn't have any propane. I thought for sure the office here at the campground would have a couple of canisters even if they were a horrendous price, but they didn't. I wish we had brought the adapter hose for hooking up our grill to our big propane tank. For the sake of not taking FOREVER to get dinner on the table, since the potato slices were already baking in the oven, I decided to cook the steak in a pan on the stove top. I've never done that before and I don't think I will again. The steak had no flavor, even after all that marinating and it was a little grissel-ly(sp?). It's a bummer to plan and look forward to a meal only to have the results be so disappointing, but we did get to have Blue Bell mint chocolate chip ice cream for dessert and that was yummy.

Bond movie was entertaining and I'm looking forward to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment