Welcome to our Adventure...

We packed up the kids, dog and the trailer and headed out for adventure, learning and helping others. During our adventure we will try to update this site as often as possible to keep everyone interested involved in our travels and to keep a journal for ourselves. The plan is to be working, schooling, helping and sharing on the road for a year.
Please feel free to post comments and questions! Thanks for following!

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

A Small Portion of Arches National Park

We got up and going fairly early to be able to explore Arches before the hottest part of the day. We got out successfully which always feels good with this many people. :O)

We paid our $10 per vehicle admission fee and were so excited to be driving into the park anticipating all that we would see.

Our strategy was to drive all the way in so that we could do a couple hikes in the cooler morning temps and then stop at different sights as we drove along the way back out.

We got about 10 minutes in when Brock noticed that our oil pressure gauge read zero! He pulled over and checked our oil and it was a little low. He couldn't see anything wrong, but without knowing if it was just the gauge or something more seriously wrong, we couldn't continue into the park, so we turned around and drove out. I snapped a few pictures just in case we wouldn't get to come back. I discovered later that Brynna got some really good shots real quick just through her window in the back seat. She has a good eye for photography.

We drove back into Moab and stopped at the Chevy dealer, but they couldn't fit us in today, so we headed to a small repair shop that our neighbors one site over at the campground had used for a repair they needed. They agreed to take a look at 2 o'clock this afternoon. We headed back to the campground.

Brock did some internet research and believed that it was just the oil pressure sensor, but it is NOT an easy part to reach and so we didn't think we'd be able to make the repair ourselves. Plus, no one in town had the part in stock today.

We had a somewhat relaxing, but deflated, afternoon waiting around the trailer for that 2 o'clock appointment. Brock took the Yukon in and the shop used a code reader to diagnose that it was the sensor. They could order the part and have it in the shop in the morning and so asked Brock to come back at 8:30 am tomorrow.

We decided to stay an extra day so that we could have the opportunity to try again to see Arches tomorrow if all went according to plan with the repair. We checked in at the campground office and unfortunately, our specific site was reserved for that extra night so we agreed to move one site over for tonight and tomorrow night. That sure seemed like a lot of work to move over about 15 feet, but oh well. ;O)

The rest of the day we just lazed around, watched some TV, looked at houses online and generally hoped tomorrow would go well.

No comments:

Post a Comment